Pizza Dough Recipe
1 1/2 cups of warm water (105F)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon of salt
4 tablespoons of olive oil
2 pkgs. active dry yeast
1. Combine yeast, 1/2 cup flour, and water in a bowl covered with plastic wrap.
2. Allow rise for 15 minutes. Stir to deflate.
3. Add 2 cups of remaining flour with salt, 1 cup cool tap water, and oil.
4. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
5. Add yeast mixture.
6. Mix in remaining flour.
7. Knead 15 minutes on a floured surface (10 minutes in a machine) until smooth.
8. Place dough in bowl dusted with flour and cover with plastic wrap.
9. Let rise until doubled size (1 to 2 hours).
10. Punch dough down and put in ziploc bag in the refrigerator until ready to use.
11. Preheat oven to 500F.
12. Remove dough from refrigerator when ready to shape into crust.
13. Punch down dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface.
14. Lightly oil (olive) a 17 1/2" X 11 1/2" X 3/4" pan.
15. Place dough in pan and push to stretch evenly leaving a lip up against sides of pan.
16. Let rest for 10−15 minutes.
17. Spread sauce over crust and top with cheese and place desired toppings.
Bake in a 450 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden brow
Click here to read or post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Fun Food Recipes.