Cheezy Crockpot Tortellini
(Cold Lake, Alberta)
• 1 lb. Italian sausage (optional – can use ready made Sauce with Sausage pre added)
• 26 oz. jar pasta sauce ( or 2 jars of your FAVORITE pre made Spaghetti Sauce – 4 cheese Sauce or Sausage, Garlic and Roasted Peppers by Classico or any other brand you may want to choose)
• Fresh Mushrooms (as many as you want - sliced)
• Chopped Fresh Garlic (to your taste)
• 1 Chopped Onion
• Variety of Spices to your taste (optional)
• 2 - 9 oz. pkg. refrigerated cheese tortellini
• 1 Package shredded cheese (I use the 4 cheese blend)
- Cook sausage in heavy skillet over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes. Stir sausage frequently to break up as it cooks. Drain well and place in 4-5 quart slow cooker
- In skillet/frying pan, sauté Mushrooms, Onions and Garlic.
- Meanwhile, add pasta sauce and spices (to taste) to Crock-Pot.
- Add Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions and Garlic to Sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours.
- Stir in tortellini, cover again and cook on low for 20-40 minutes or until pasta is tender and heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese and let stand 5 minutes before serving. 4 servings
Click here to read or post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Fun Food Recipes.